ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Youth For Christ (YFC) reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other like-minded partners to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their godliness in lifestyle, devotion to the Word of God and prayer, passion for sharing the love of Christ, and commitment to social involvement. Youth For Christ USA, which began in 1944, is currently represented in 1600 ministry sites across the United States and is part of the worldwide movement – Youth for Christ International.
Every day at thousands of community centers, high schools, middle schools, juvenile institutions, coffee shops, and local hangouts, YFC staff and volunteers meet with young people who need Jesus. Our focus as a movement is on multiplying fruitful and sustainable ministry sites across the nation and around the world.
3Story® is our brand and living operating system. It is a way of seeing how our relationships with other people and God can be connected and grown. 3Story® is not an evangelism tool or method. It is who we want to be and how we want to live. It is the “DNA” of Youth for Christ– A way of life that guides followers of Christ to be good news while telling stories of the good news.
Juvenile Justice Ministry Staff
The job of a City Life Staff Member requires an individual gifted in navigating multicultural and socially diverse environments. They need to display an understanding of the world of at-risk teens and alternative schools or a willingness to learn, and have confidence navigating the world of probation, juvenile corrections, court systems, etc. They must have an active relationship with Jesus Christ and an ability to share their faith in a variety of
environments with social sensitivities. They must demonstrate active spiritual disciplines and embrace YFC’s 5 Essentials and Cultural Attributes. They must be able to develop and manage holistic programming both inside and outside the facility. They must be able to recruit and train volunteers and develop and maintain partnerships with like-minded organizations and churches.
Please Note: This Job is in Fargo, ND and relocation would be required.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT AND DEVELOPMENT: City Life Staff Members will recruit and involve qualified ministry leaders (volunteers) to build a significant team, seeking high community and church involvement and funding for maximum evangelistic impact.
- Recruit, screen, and train qualified ministry leaders to foster authentic Christ-sharing relationships with unchurched, non-Christian troubled youth, ages 11 to 19. The ultimate goal is to be at least one ministry leader for every five youth involved.
- Ensure the highest level of compliance and accountability with YFC/USA volunteer standards and procedures.
FUNDING: City Life Staff Members will be responsible for contributing to the overall City Life Ministry budget, including but not limited to personal support accounts, ministry sites, special events, ministry leadership training, recruiting, and ministry leader care accounts. They will maintain an attitude of raising funds for the mission and continued growth of the entire Red River Youth for Christ team.
- Personal fundraising efforts outside of community fundraising events is expected to total 50% of your annual salary.
- Assist in helping run RRYFC community fundraising events throughout the year.
- Involve ministry leaders (volunteers) as financial partners and Champions of City Life Ministries.
- Ensure accurate accounting and management of financial partners, employing high levels of creative, personal donor communication and care.
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT: City Life Staff Members will develop existing programs and create new programs in coordination with ED.
- Coordinate the overall program and assign staff/volunteers who will be responsible for each area of ministry.
- Ensure all components of the weekly program are prepared and ready.
- Oversee and coordinate large events.
- Be responsible for monthly and quarterly reports.
- YFC Impact reporting for the Ministry Site.
- Chapter specific reporting
- Keep Executive Director informed on a regular basis.
DIRECT MINISTRY WITH STUDENTS: City Life Staff Members will lead a team of volunteers to develop authentic Christ-sharing relationships with young people through YFC’s Relational Ministry Actions (RMA) Framework:
- Contacting – meet new students, learn names & develop relationships through weekly school and facility involvement, as well as other places where students gather.
- Building times – spend time in shared experiences with students to build new relationships and grow existing ones.
- Appointments – meet with students to focus on their individual needs.
- Small groups – meet with several students to have an interactive discussion about relevant topics & connect them to God’s truth.
TEAM: City Life Staff Members will be the example of the highest level of team interdependence and accountability.
- Assist in spiritual growth, attitude, accountability, and team relationships to foster the greatest possible team unity, both within the Juvenile Justice team and throughout Red River Youth for Christ.
- Ensure excellence in administrative responsibilities including but not limited to donor communication strategy (i.e., videos of thanks to donors, monthly letters, phone calls, text messages, postcards, etc.), Impact reporting, ministry leaders and hours, church relationships, etc.
- Attend and contribute to weekly staff and prayer meetings.
- Foster healing and forgiveness through Biblical handling of conflict.
- Maintain the highest level of trust and integrity in all aspects of leadership, staff relationships, ministry, and community involvement.
EOE STATEMENT YFC is classified as an Association of Churches, and as such, our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth for Christ incorporates the requirement to model, teach, share, and live the faith within each leader role. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and, as such, does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character, and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry. We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training, and compensation. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- Embraces the vision, mission, and Statement of Faith of Youth for Christ.
- Participation in YFC’s Blueprint for Leadership.
- Understands YFC’s 5 Essentials and leads through this model.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. A minimum of 1-2 years of successful ministry to youth.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Is passionate and excitedly in love with Christ and His Church.
- Strong moral character and of good repute.
- Maintains a passion for discipleship and evangelism.
- Honors and pursues diversity of gifts, cultures, work styles, and temperaments.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Able to shepherd individual leaders.
- Skilled in problem-solving.
- Be able to raise significant funds both through personal support as well as community support.
- An opportunity for full-time employees to receive full health benefits.
- Vacation time.
- Sick leave.
- Paid holidays.
- The opportunity for training and growth.